With the touch of a ?nger, iPhone users can now get the latest surf report or snow conditions, ?nd a skate park, and listen to free streaming music. Launched today, the Skullcandy iPhone app is an extension of the Skullcandy lifestyle. The ?rst iPhone app to give board sport fanatics faster access to everything they crave.
By forming partnerships with Sur?ine.com, OnTheSnow.com, trueAnthem and Episodic, the Skullcandy iPhone app has the following features:
* Surf reports so you know when and where to rip
* Up to the minute snow reports plus a 5 day forecast
* A skate park ?nder for nomads who have to try them all
* Free music player chock full of Skullcandy-approved tracks
* Video from Skullcandy TV loaded with shorts featuring Skullcandy athletes and musicians
* For those who want it all, a dealer locator feature will ?nd the nearest shop for instant grati?cation.
* A mobile Skullcandy store that allows you to buy new headphones, backpacks or other Skullcandy gear.
* A fresh selection of downloadable wallpapers designed by Skullcandy fans that allow users to defy genericism
* Access to all Skullcandy happenings through the Skullcandy blog
"Skullcandy has always been about making the action sports lifestyle better. Our free app is just another re?ection of that. We hoped that if we built something we loved, our fans would love it too," said Dan Levine, VP of Creative at Skullcandy. "We're honored that this group of partners came together to help us build it."
More features will continue to roll out. The Skullcandy App is free and is available starting today in the iTunes store. Enjoy.
Find out more about the
Skullcandy iPhone application by visiting
Skullcandy designs headphones, mp3 player watches, audio accessories and other audio-enabled lifestyle products, such as backpacks with built-in speakers and iPod controls. Skullcandy also collaborates with select brands to integrate its audio technology into products from snow helmets to outerwear, apparel, packs and bags. Skullcandy gear is sold worldwide through top retailers, specialty outlets and can be viewed online at www.skullcandy.com.
Let's block ads! (Why?)