Need some answers for Fiio E06 and new headphones?.

Oct 10, 2014     THREAD STARTER

AudioGuy1126 New Head-Fier

Joined: Oct 5, 2012

Posts: 6

Likes: 0

Hi I have a couple of questions, ok I am buying new headphones soon and the headphones are 330 ohms and the Fiio E06 max ohms are 300 ohms. My question is will they still work good together?. Will the sound guality of the headphones be good?, and will the headphones work as they should?.
 
Bye :):)

Oct 10, 2014

PurpleAngelContributor Headphoneus Supremus

Joined: Sep 1, 2011

Posts: 24,771

Likes: 1,093

audioguy1126 said: ↑  Hi I have a couple of questions, ok I am buying new headphones soon and the headphones are 330 ohms and the Fiio E06 max ohms are 300 ohms. My question is will they still work good together?. Will the sound quality of the headphones be good?, and will the headphones work as they should?.
 
Bye :):)

Click to expand...

 
The FiiO E6 with it's volume set to max, will somewhat decently drive my 250-Ohm headphones.
I would suggest to invent into a FiiO E11K.
 
What is the make and model of these headphones?

Oct 10, 2014

AudioGuy1126 New Head-Fier

Joined: Oct 5, 2012

Posts: 6

Likes: 0

purpleangel said: ↑

   
The FiiO E6 with it's volume set to max, will somewhat decently drive my 250-Ohm headphones.
I would suggest to invent into a FiiO E11K.
 
What is the make and model of these headphones?

Click to expand...

Hi I really don't want to buy a new amp because I have just recently purchased the Fiio E06 about 1 month ago. Will my new headphones work good still with the amp?.
 
The headphones are the Panasonic Soundrush Plus RP-HXS400M, they are 330 ohms headphones.
Will my Fiio E06 amp power them good?, above average?.

Oct 10, 2014

PurpleAngelContributor Headphoneus Supremus

Joined: Sep 1, 2011

Posts: 24,771

Likes: 1,093

audioguy1126 said: ↑

  Hi I really don't want to buy a new amp because I have just recently purchased the Fiio E06 about 1 month ago. Will my new headphones work good still with the amp?.
 
The headphones are the Panasonic Soundrush Plus RP-HXS400M, they are 330 ohms headphones.
Will my Fiio E06 amp power them good?, above average?.

Click to expand...

 
Can't find any specs on your $60 RP-HXS400M headphones, but I'm guessing they are 33-Ohms, not 330-Ohms.

Oct 10, 2014

pavinjoseph New Head-Fier

Joined: Oct 4, 2014

Posts: 39

Likes: 13

The impedance for these headphones is only 32 ohm as per the Panasonic official website. So, the FiiO E6 should drive them pretty fine.

Oct 10, 2014

Darkseth 100+ Head-Fier

Joined: Dec 10, 2013

Posts: 227

Likes: 25

Why E06? Which DAC are you using?
 
A Standalone Amp like E06 or E11 paired with a bad onboard soundchip is not very optimal.
If you replace the E06, get a Fiio E10k. Or if you need it for portable use too, a Fiio E07k.
Should sound better because they are also a "soundcard".
 
Also, if the E06k is specified up to 300 Ohm.. That means NOTHING.
1. How much Power a headphone needs is NOT determinet by the Impedance of the Headphone, but way more by its sensetivity. An 62 Ohm AKG K701 needs more Power than any 250 Ohm Beyerdynamic. An Beyerdynamic T70/T90 with 250 Ohm and Tesla Drivers will be almost double as loud as a DT-Modell with the same impedance.
 
2. Just because its "loud enough" it doesnt mean, its also driven perfectly well. A Headphone can be loud enough, but still not get "enough power".
 
The E06 is just low end. I suggest replacing it by an E10k or so, as soon you pair it with 150-200+ Dollar headphones.
For cheaper headphones, the E06 is just fine.Share This Page

Let's block ads! (Why?)